12 Mar Aspyre’s COVID-19 Precautions
Aspyre has no known cases of COVID-19 among our residents or staff at this time.
To help our residents and staff remain healthy, we’ve established precautionary guidelines that include limiting visitors. We strongly encourage all family members, vendors and non-essential personnel not to enter our community. These restrictions are in place to prevent community-associated infection or communicable disease transmission from those who may possibly be infected prior to becoming symptomatic. Signs and symptoms are similar to that of a common cold and allergies so it makes it difficult to differentiate.
Aspyre is following all Colorado Department of Health & CDC guidelines to protect our residents.
In addition to limiting visitors, Aspyre has implemented the following safety precautions:
- Screening of all visitors at the front desk before allowing entrance into residential areas
- Encouraging family members not to take residents out of the community where they may be at risk of exposure to the virus, and then potentially bringing the pathogen back to infect other residents
- Routinely applying hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the community
- Mandating that any staff member with symptoms stay home and self-quarantine
- Taking temperatures of all staff members at the beginning of their shifts
- Taking residents’ temperatures throughout the day
- Cancelling all entertainment and outings
- Mandating that deliveries be dropped directly inside the vestibule, which is separated from the front desk area and the residential community
All Aspyre residents are under the watchful eye of our Community Wellness Director and registered nurse, Nancy Hewitt, who is coordinating the above health checks, which are carried out by medical technicians.
We want you to stay in contact with your loved one.
If you have a concern about your family member, please call 970.372.5838 and ask to speak to an Aspyre medical technician, RN Nancy Hewitt or Executive Director Tyler Trum. We will do our best to get back to you promptly, but ask for your understanding during this extraordinarily busy time.
Aspyre also has Skype video conferencing in place for families to communicate directly with residents. If you wish to set up a video conference, please call us at 970.372.5838.
The health and safety of our residents and staff is paramount.
Given the pace at which the disease is spreading and the health risks to our resident population, we believe that it is important to exercise significant caution. We are very sensitive to the impact on the family members and encourage anyone to contact us to discuss further if you have any concerns.
Thank you for your understanding and supporting these precautions. I will send updates as they develop and get direction from the CDC.